Lack of website visitors can be a common problem. If you are in a situation that your website has never managed to get enough visitors, then maybe it’s because:
- It’s new, usually less than 6 months old
- You don’t have enough content
- You’re not using social media to promote your website
- You’re not utilizing SEO
- You’re not sending the right emails
When looking at your website here’s where to start, ask yourself… What are your websites USP’s? (Unique Selling Proposition) and how easy is it to find? To answer this, remember to think about what is going to set you apart. Here is what to ask yourself:
- What are you being asked?
- What articles/pages get the most interaction?
- What should you be talking about?
- These are the first things you should be asking yourself in order to understand what your USP is and is all about, finding out what your website visitors want and then giving it to them.
Take a look at our checklist of what to look out for on your website:
- Is your site responsive? Google prioritizes mobile-friendly websites so, if your website is not mobile-friendly, it will be less prominent in searches. Therefore, if your site isn’t optimized for mobile devices, you’ll likely lose out significantly in the organic search rankings.
- How easy is it to find your products/services? Poor navigation on your website can be a real hindrance. When someone lands on your site, do they know what to do? Where to go? What their next steps should be?
- What are you writing? If you are not writing what people are searching for you will struggle to get visitors. The first step to writing content on your website is about figuring out what people want to know about your products or services. Put yourself in their shoes:
- What makes you want to visit?
- What problem do you solve?
- How do you solve it differently to your competitors?
- Do your customers understand what you are offering? Be as clear as you can.
A rule to remember with a website is that you should never be more than one click away from contacting them. Strong call-to-action links on any website are vital, think about how easy it is for a visitor to contact you, whether it’s subscribing to a blog, watching a video, taking up a free trial or any other action on your site. Remember the customer journey.
Contact us today for a free 30-minute consultation and full website overview/SEO audit. We’d love to make your website stand out from the competition.